Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hope This Hits the Spot


As a former archer, I knew I would somehow have to shoehorn a bow and arrow into this project. It proved surprisingly difficult to find an archer Valentine that didn't include either Cupid or horrendously insensitive racial tropes, so I was very pleased to find this one.

UGH these little cartoons are TOO adorable. His itty-bitty bow! His quiver! His apple cheeks! And don't get me started on the little girl's heart-patterned dress. Modcloth, can you get on that, please?*

I was so overwhelmed by the cuteness I missed what Dave noticed right away, which is that the little boy is about to shoot the little girl with an arrow. Because nothing says young love like a Hunger Games style fight to the death.

Dave's first-view reaction: [silence. "What?" I ask.] It's just...it's kind of...["What?"] She's just standing there. Like she doesn't know what's going on. ["So?"] I mean, isn't he about to shoot her? [Oh. Hmm.]


*Thanks


Just take a moment to study his anatomy here. His butt is facing the same direction as his chest. I have never seen such a janky cartoon body (unless you count every drawing of a female superhero ever)

 Of all the arrow puns I've seen, I have to say, it doesn't hold a candle to my favorite:
"Let me be your bow."
 I wonder what she's thinking...
"My little dress sure is cu--oh. Why is Jimmy pointing an arrow at me? What's happening? NO JIMMY NO."

Practicing my cursive

No comments:

Post a Comment