Thursday, February 14, 2013

It Figures


After missing the last few days (it's been a crazy week), I knew I had to go all-out for the last Valentine muralcle of the season, and here it is! My vintage-Valentine tribute to my own special Valentine (and resident economist).

For the first time ever, I drew an original drawing and used that as the basis for the muralcle (okay, I borrowed the stance from this Valentine BUT STILL). It was fun! And I enjoyed figuring out the right colors on my own. Plus, I got to flex my (obviously considerable) pun-making muscles, and reinterpret the Mac in chalk (try not to look too closely at the perspective on that thing).


Dave's first-view reaction: Wait, is that-- That's not from the fifties, right?*


*He did eventually get it. "Don't you recognize the boy? And the clothes? And the little laptop? And the puns?!"



 There's my guy. His cheeks are just as appley in real life.

 I modeled his outfit off of what he wore when we got our engagement photos, aka one of the only respectable outfits that he owns.

 iChalk!

Took me two minutes, tops, to come up with this


And that's it for another holiday! Who knows when I'll pick up the chalk again, but thanks for checking out another run of holiday muralcles, and Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment