Monday, February 11, 2013

It's No Mystery


Drawing this muralcle was made notably easier by Dave's trip out to Blick's today, to replenish my collection of skin tones and red (see how I was able to actually fill it out this time?). I, for one, can't believe that the Valentines countdown is almost at an end, with only three (!!!) more drawings before I throw in the chalk-stained towel for the foreseeable future (don't be expectin' no COUNTDOWN TO PRESIDENTS DAY!*.

So enjoy today's Sherlocky Valentine, complete with bright reds and pigeon toes!

Dave's first-view reaction: Are you trying to tell me something by putting a little puppy in the corner?**


*Although...
**I really wasn't. The great "should we get a dog" debate is still very much underway, and I can't decide if the week we've just spend dog-sitting helped or hindered the "let's get a dog!" camp. Exhibit A: this photo of Dave with the rent-a-dog, which shows both her sweet if sort of annoying and uncomfortable desire for Dave's attention and Dave's mild resignation of said attention.



 I'm worried about this kid's posture. Look at those feet!

 I wondered if I should try to draw the puppy in the style of the rent-a-dog, sadly, she's exactly the same shade as the chalkboard

Not super impressed by these puns.
Up your game, vintage Valentines.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day---Kendall & Dave
    Much love---your # 1 fans, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete