Friday, October 11, 2013

Goosebumps


Happy Halloween, millenials! Today's muralcle is just for you!

Yes, it's GOOSEBUMPS! The best middle grade bump-in-the-night series ever. I can remember the fights and sobbing at school over who would be the first to take the latest Goosebumps out from the library. And they're AWESOME. I especially love how increasingly ridiculous the monsters got, as though you could literally see R.L. Stine looking around his house at random objects. I mean, camera? Typewriter? Expired tanning lotion? These are all 100% true villains of various Goosebumps stories.*

Side story! When I was twelve years old, I went to a fancy children's costume party (at Embassy Suites!!!) dressed as Kat from It Came from Beneath the Sink! What's that you say? You don't remember Kat? That is correct, because she is in fact not a monster, she is a 12-year-old girl who discovers an evil sponge beneath her sink, otherwise known as the worst costume in existence. I dressed as...a 12-year-old girl, which is to say, myself, and I carried a sponge around in a plastic container marked "evil."

I wish I could say I was making this up. Or even doing it ironically. I am not, and I was not. For two hours I heard every iteration of "Ooohhh... Did you forget your costume?" imaginable. Still don't know what I was thinking...

Dave's first-view reaction: Goosebumps! I'll look at your drawing in one day. [???] Because I used to read these books in one day. [?!?!] Get it? GET IT?**


*For those who don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the series, that would be Say Cheese and Die, The Blob That Ate Everyone, and My Hairiest Adventure.
**Nope.



So! Much! Lettering!
But at least this one was fun

She gets a Halloween mask stuck to her face and it turns her into a demon.
Nightmares: begin.

 Love that little red silhouette

 Sooooo creepy
Also: I'm, like, 98% sure I had that girl's outfit

 FREE HALLOWEEN MASK INSIDE!!!!

If looks could kill...

No comments:

Post a Comment