Friday, October 4, 2013

Norman Rockwell Halloween


My last foray into Norman Rockwell territory did not go well, but when I saw this uh-dorable Halloween-themed cover, I knew it had to have a place in the countdown. As usual, love all the details, from the peek of poofed-out pink dress under the sheet to the dog's happy waggy tail. The original, which feature more chalkboard-unfriendly details, is also worth a look, just to see the old guy's spectacles flying off his face (he is also decidedly less rotund than in this picture).

I also love this picture because it reminds me of an age-old saying: "When a little kid tries to scare you by dressing like a ghost and shoving a Jack-o-lantern in your face, you freak out."

Dave's first-view reaction: Huh. What's goin' on here? ["Well, there's a little girl, and she's dressed up as a ghost, and she's scaring that old guy. I mean, sort of scaring. He's being a good sport about it."] What about the dog? ["He's just hanging out, being happy."] Just like our dog!



Vertical, to better mimic the actual cover

[GASP!]

It's my goal to ensure that every other muralcle features a dog.

I bet her dress is really cute

Nice pumkin head

Oh look, I didn't wash out yesterday's neon green...

Petition to permanently change Halloween to Hallow ~ e'en

No comments:

Post a Comment