Monday, October 14, 2013

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark


Continuing my theme of scary stuff, books, and wildly-inpropriate-but-still-intended-for-children material, here's Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark!

The book kids read when Goosebumps just wouldn't cut it, Scary Stories was legitimately terrifying. I mean, one of the stories is where a girl wakes up with a pimple and then SPIDERS CRAWL OUT OF HER FACE.

And the illustrations. Oof. So, while I was drawing this, first I laid down the white background, and then I went back and highlighted a few parts again in white, so that the weird skeleton ghost face was juuuuust barely visible. It was the first time during this whole project that something I drew actually terrified me.

Dave's first-view reaction: [silence. walks away. "No reaction? I slaved over this and you don't give me anything?"] Wha?




 LETTERING I HATE YOU
If I ever want to do another lettering-intensive muralcle, really, just kill me
Also, hooray for running out of black chalk!!!

 This face will haunt your dreams

Schwartz and Gammell, those two twisted bastards

No comments:

Post a Comment