Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Addams Family


Duh-duh-duh-duh [snap snap], duh-duh-duh-duh [snap snap], duh-duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh-duh [snap snap]

I could go on, but...you get the picture. Yes, they're all together ookie, the Addams Family! Although the 90s movies will always hold a place in my heart,* I decided to go with the original Charles Addams cartoon, which I actually used to read as a kid and which is actually very funny (and completely not appropriate for children).

This muralcle was soooo much fun! I thought it would be a quick, cute little drawing, but it ended up taking something, like, three hours from start to finish. Still, so fun! I think because it was colorful and yet still relatively simple, and because it turned out just the way I hoped. Plus, Lurch's expression made me laugh out loud.

Dave's first-view reaction: What a creepy family! [pause] That kid on the side looks like Bob's Burgers.**


*Wednesday Addams, you are my spirit animal
**He's got a point.



I sang the theme song over and over forever and ever and never got tired of it!

Gothic mansion, which took almost as long as the whole family

 Uncle Fester!

I always liked the name Morticia

 Can someone explain how Gomez is Spanish but is also brother to Uncle Fester?

Queen of cool.

 Ah! Lurch! Those little eyebrows! That deadpan expression! Fav.

 Grandmama's shawl was also fun to draw

Aaannnd, little Pugsley



No comments:

Post a Comment