Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Walking Dead


Did you watch? You watched! DON'T TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED I'M STILL CATCHING UP.

To celebrate The Walking Dead's season premiere, today's muralcle is for the zombies walkers! I LOVE this show, although I just got into it a few months ago. I used to watch it while doing cardio exercises in my living room because every time a walker showed up on screen, I'd start going faster. I am one season behind and saving the next one until Dave and I can actually sit down and watch together.

This muralcle was soooo fun! Also: very long. I started with the white background and lettering, which took me, no joke, an hour. Rick and his guns took half an hour, and another half hour for the walkers. This is, of course, the cover to the very first Walking Dead comic, slightly simplified by my chalks. The walkers, for example, are a lot more detailed in the original image, but here I made them simpler and sketchier, which I actually like a lot.

Okay, I'm off to start season threeeee!!!

Dave's first-view reaction: WOAH. It was a book?





 RICK!

 Damn lettering

 Doing the "riding an invisible subway" dance

 Oh, hey Gollum

 Can you tell I ran out of black chalk?

 I liked this poor guy in the suit the best

 Another blood-spattered chalkboard wall

 No idea what this thing in the corner was, but I drew it in anyway

Conveniently sized for all your Facebook, Twitter, tumblr avatar needs

No comments:

Post a Comment