Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A SNL Christmas


It's been brought to my attention that this blog has developed some younger fans, so to protect their innocence, I've edited today's Christmas muralcle to keep the front page G-rated and put the full image after the jump. For those who don't know what I'm talking about (Hi, Mom!), let's just says it's nothing I'm embarrassed to draw life-sized on my wall but is probably most delicately defined as risque.

The full post after the jump!



IT'S A DICK IN A BOX!
 

I was on the fence about this one. When I told Dave what I was planning,* he seemed less-than-enthused, despite being the biggest SNL fan I know (seriously. Just look at our Netflix queue). Then I finished the drawing and he didn't stop laughing for a full minute.

It turned out so good, you guys! Especially since I pulled up the image I was copying and realized both of them were wearing black suits, which is a problem since 1) I ran out of black chalk (that's charcoal up there, sucka) and 2) black suit + black chalkboard = magical floating heads (and boxes). So I put Andy Samburg in a teal number and JT in a silvery puff jacket. I'm pretty happy with it.

Dave's first-view reaction: (sung) Backstage at the VMAs!**


*At first I had him guess. "It's very Christmasy," I said, throwing my hands up in the air. "????" he said. "It involves penises. And presents." (I did some pelvic thrusts) "???!!!" he said. "It's not a movie. It's a song. A song on SNL." More confusion. Then: "Santa's My Boyfriend? I Wish It Was Christmas Today? The Hanukkah Song?!" Clueless, clueless.
**I think he's finally caught on that I'm posting his reactions and is starting to up his performance.


1. Cut a hole in the box

2. Put your junk in the box

3. Make her open the box, And that's the waaaay you do it!

Portrait of the Artist with her Work

And if you're inclined to sing along...

No comments:

Post a Comment