Saturday, December 1, 2012

White Christmas



The inaugural Christmas muralcle features the cast of Irving Berlin's 1954 classic, White Christmas, which Dave and I watched the other night. Left to right: Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Danny Kaye, and Vera-Ellen. The movie was okay! We made hot cocoa and Dave lasted the whole first hour before falling asleep, so, success.*

While watching the movie I mentioned that I wanted to draw something Christmasy on the chalkboard wall and Dave said "Chimney with stockings?" which is a cop-out because that's what I drew last year and it stayed up until January. When I told him I wanted to draw something different every day, he laughed for, like, thirty seconds straight and then wouldn't tell me what was so funny.

Dave's first-view response: "You're riDICulous!" (repeated multiple times throughout the night)

More pictures after the jump!


*For the whole first hour he looked up interesting trivia about the actors, and we learned that Rosemary Clooney was George's aunt, not mom; Bing was named the person who most contributed to soldier morale during WWII (ahead of FDR!); Vera-Ellen had the smallest waist in Hollywood; and Danny Kaye was rumored to have a ten-year-long relationship with Laurence Olivier (allegedly!).


Oh Bing. I like his eyes.

Rosemary Clooney, looking cool and calm even when belting out carols.

I went a bit overboard with Danny Kaye's blush

Vera-Ellen. Her thrown-back head proved especially annoying to draw.


No comments:

Post a Comment