Sunday, December 16, 2012

Love Actually


Hew, boy, this one was a challenge. I sort of suspected that Love Actually--with its huge cast and lack of iconic imagery (beyond that dumb bow / picture heart)--was not going to be easy. It didn't help that the picture I used was so tiny that I couldn't figure out the details or that pretty much everyone was dressed in black. Also I was (am!) exhausted from a busy day, having already done a muralcle that day (RIP The Nutcracker. You were in our lives so briefly), and the idea of drawing ten people left me feeling a little whimpery.

The result is a lot of amorphous blobs that sorta look like the actors on which they're based, especially if you squint really hard and try to forget basic human anatomy. I feel bad, because Love Actually is my second-favorite Christmas movie*, and I wanted to do it right. But those details! In chalk! Sigh.

Dave's first-view reaction: (in a terrible British accent) Love actually is all around!


*I'm saving my favorite Christmas movie for the final muralcle. Don't let the anticipation keep you up at night!





From left to right: zombie Laura Linney, Professor Snape, Emma Thompson with 'fro and twinkly eyes

Top row: Bill Nighy
Bottom row: Liam Neeson**, Hugh Grant looking less-than-charming, and three-fourths of Colin Firth's head
Somehow I made Billy Mack the most handsome in this entire mural

The (usually) adorable Martine McCutcheon, Keira Knightley passing judgement on this mural,
Mr. Bean after his head got caught in a vice

UGH just get the damn title in there so I can eat some dinner!

**We've started a new holiday tradition of inviting friends over each December to make gingerbread and watch Love Actually, and every time Liam Neeson came on screen the guys in the room had one of two reactions: "YEAH Liam Neeson--this movie is going to get awesome!" or "Why isn't Liam Neeson killing anyone?" BOYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment