Monday, December 10, 2012

Elf


A few days ago, my sister-in-law (who may or may not have had something to do with the Night of Many Regrets) asked me what else I had planned for my muralcles. "Home Alone? Santa Clause?" I told her no promises.

"Elf. You live with Dave."

Yes, it was only a matter of time before Buddy the Elf showed up on the chalkboard wall. Elf is one of the (very) few Christmas movies that Dave and I can agree on,* reaching that intersection between former SNL-stars and feel-good holiday fun.

And! It's! So! Funny! I could watch Mr. Narwhal say goodbye to Buddy all day every day and never get tired. And Tyrion the dwarf as the children's book ringer! And Buddy hissing at the department store Santa "You sit on a throne of lies."** I'm just going to sit here for a few minutes and sing "Pennies from Heaven."

Dave's first-view reaction: You're done already?!***

More pictures after the jump!


*Actually, it's one of the very few movies we can agree on, as we don't share tastes in film, non-NBC-comedy TV shows, music, or video games (me liking puzzle-based games like Portal, him liking emulations of Tecmo Bowl on his laptop)
**I actually heard Dave say this aloud one time to someone when he was really mad that something Christmasy didn't work out. We wanted to go ice skating at the National History Museum in New York, and when we bought our skates, there was a sign that said the rink was made of "synthetic ice." "What is that?" we asked, and the attendant said, "Oh, it's just like real ice, but man made." Shrug, bought our tickets, and went inside. Do you know what synthetic ice is? Plastic. Sheets of heavy-duty plastic on which it is possible to stumble around, twist an ankle, or shuffle awkwardly but not, as it turns out, ice skate. I have never seen Dave so mad. He tried to get our money back. And then he walked down the line of people waiting to get in saying loudly, "IT'S NOT EVEN REAL ICE!" Opposite of Christmas miracle.
***This one took an hour. Either I'm getting faster or I'm getting lazier.




The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear

I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite.

First we'll make snow angels for a two hours, then we'll go ice skating,
then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle.

Another thing I could watch all day long:
Buddy and Jovie's sweet duet reaching it's logical conclusion

No comments:

Post a Comment