Sunday, December 9, 2012

Frosty the Snowman


Frosty the Snowman always sort of creeped me out. Maybe it was his "pre-alive" face with those dead, black eyes. Maybe it's that, no matter how you look on it, every time Frosty is created, he's doomed to suffer a grisly death by melting. In any case, Frosty was never at the top of my Christmas specials list. But, there's no doubt that snowmen are a part of Christmas*, so here he is.

Oh man, you gotta love that lazy 60's animation! Shading? ONLY PURE COLORS! Complex perspective? MAKE THAT SUCKA FLAT! Maybe at least make the kids look different? SCREW THAT! COPY-PASTE TWO OF THOSE BOYS! CHANGE THE HAIR COLOR AND THE SWEATER COLOR! NO ONE WILL KNOW!!!!!

By which I mean to say, this muralcle got did in an hour, flat. Too bad it's only stop-motion and live-action from here on out...

Dave's first-view reaction: That girl in purple looks like a zombie.**

More pictures after the jump!


*Or they used to be. Can you honestly remember the last time you made a snowman? I'm pretty sure Clinton was president. Thanks, global warming.
**I think he meant because you can't really see her eyes well. But also, why is she the only one not bundled up? All the rest are in sweaters and scarves and boots and she's all like "Oh, is this The Easter Bunny is Coming to Town? No? Okay, I'll just stay here then. No, no, it's fine, my zombie powers will keep me warm."



The only Christmas movie I can think of where the audience
must watch another character grieve the titular character's death.

They gave the rabbit red eyes. I mean, like, bright red.
I thought it was too creepy, so I left it black.

She does kind of look like a zombie...
Also, our intercom makes a cameo appearance!

Watch and be terrified...

No comments:

Post a Comment