Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How the Grinch Stole Christmas


After yesterday's debacle, I knew I had to up my game with something good, and I'm happy to bring what is, so far, my favorite muralcle: How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

This one, phew, was a trial. I'm still not 100% health-wise, and although I was feeling slightly better the day before, Dave and I made the crucial mistake of going out that night with two Penn State alums. The next morning, we were like the textbook definition of "pathetic married people who can't party like twenty-year-olds." At one point, we climbed into bed with shades over our eyes and earplugs in and just stayed there for several hours, because that was literally all we were physically capable of.

I was ready to throw in the towel for that day's muralcle, but stupid Bill Murray's pale, terrifying face haunted me, and finally I decided that I needed to do something that day other than feel miserable for myself.

The whole time I drew the picture I looked like Kristen Wiig in that scene from Bridesmaids where she's gray and sweating and so determined to prove that she doesn't have food poisoning that she eats a Jordan almond. There were a couple of times I thought I would give up, but I had my Jordan almond, and dammit, I was going to keep it down.

Later, I found How the Grinch Stole Christmas online and we watched it and I felt better.

Dave's first-view reaction: Wooooooah! You're a very talented, very sick artist.




You're a mean one, Mister Grinch!
But mostly because all those little black lines were a pain to draw

Max! Max is my favorite part of this movie and he was a delight to draw

Cindy Lou Who! Before she discovered black eyeliner

The roast beast. Looks pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment